Oakdale Cemetery Oakdale Cemetery is one of the largest historic cemeteries in Volusia County with more than 15,000 grave sites.  It is the resting place for many of the town’s founding members. In 1882 the cemetery was known as Sylvan Park.  The name was changed to Oakdale Cemetery in 1892 and is owned by the Oakdale Cemetery Association, a private non-profit corporation.